Author Topic: Let's discuss about the processes  (Read 401 times)

vmataix

Let's discuss about the processes
« on: May 06, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »
Hi,

as you probably now, processes are the next big step in Kratos. I have been working with them recently, and I want to start to discuss big improvements that we can have in a near future:

• The processes should have the possibility to be activated deactivated, with a parameter "is_active", with two possible values, true and false. This way could be easier to modify the project_parameters.json files, because is not need to erase that part in the json file
  • It should exist in the process structure the function AddNodalVariables, or something similar, because there are some elements or conditions with additional specific variables, and with this would not necessary to add the variables directly to the solver

Ok, I let you add here more possibilities

pooyan

• Global Moderator
Re: Let's discuss about the processes
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:05:54 PM »
It is true that process are having much more interest and their design should be improved in many ways. Regarding your suggestions:
  • The activation idea is not bad if is implemented in process factory. However I'm afraid that in practice this leads to situation that you think the process is working while is in the list but it is not working due to this flag in the json. So I don't agree with it
  • The AddNodalVariables is necessary and I think that we should add a configure method to the processes for this purpose
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 03:27:56 PM by Miguel Angel Celigueta »