Mold filling of an industrial specimen.
About this module
- Solves the Navier-Stokes equations for a multi-fluid system considering large jumps in density .
- Tractions are considered continuous at the interface and therefore no jump in viscosity is considered.
- Level Set method is used to determine the interface position at each step.
- Local pressure enrichmnet is considered at the cutted element to capture the discontinuous pressure gradient.
- Incompressible fluid
- With free surface (level set)
- Residual based Newton Raphson strategy is exploited to treat nonlinearities.
3D: Linear tetrahedral elements (It works just in 3D)
- Element name: DPGVMS( Discontinuous Pressure Gradiant with Variational Multi Scale technique)
- Velocity boundary condition: Inlet of water
- Pressure boundary condition: Pressure can be imposed strongly or weakly...
- Wall boundary condition:
- Slip boundary condition: If velocity is not assigned to a boundary it is automatically considered as Slip.
- Zero of the Level set has to be assigned as the initial condition by assigning + and - Distance flag.
All turbulance models inside KRATOS can be used:
The code can be run in shared or distributed memory:
- OpenMP: The official version is written to work in OpenMP.
- MPI: It has been tested but is not provided for the official version.
Others relevand aspects
- Volume correction is activated.
Kazem Kamran: firstname.lastname@example.org