Residual-Based Newton Raphson Strategy
Constructor Main Data
Solution strategy for Non-Linear analysis.
The usual common data is required in the constructor for the Newton Rapshon Strategy:
- Model Part
- Time Integration Scheme (Newmark, Bossak, ...)
- Convergence Criterion (Residual, Displacements, ...)
- Linear Solver (Direct, Iterative, ...)
- Builder and Solver
- Maximum Number of Iterations (default 30)
- Common Flags: (false by default)
- CalculateReactionFlag (compute reactions)
- ReformDofSetAtEachStep (check and change the dofs at each step)
- MoveMeshFlag (update the coordinates of the nodes at each step)
If the maximum number of iterations is reached, the last result is taken as converged and the analysis keeps on running. When this happens and the analysis does not crash, the accuracy of the results will be very low and we recommend to not trust it.